Friday, November 6, 2009

AT&T Strikes Again

Having just read the new AT&T high speed internet contract emailed to me, I called to cancel their service. Two parts of the contract bothered me. First, they can change the contract at any time at will. I can't. If I could, we would have had no problem. My first change would have been that all AT&T services are free of charge. My next change would have been that only I can change our contract. Second, all disputes are litigated in California. While, it's a nice place, it's a bit far to go from North Carolina. The AT&T operator assured me that I didn't need to worry about the contract as all disputes were settled by phone. Having sued AT&T in the past, I knew better. When I told her I was a lawyer, she said "Oh. I'll cancel your service today."

No comments:

Post a Comment